The Sheriff’s Office has a number of brochures that deal with issues ranging from consumer law to crime victims’ rights. The majority of these brochures are published through the Missouri Attorney General’s Office. The following brochures are available in hard copy at the Sheriff’s Office or can be downloaded in a PDF format.
- Missouri’s Landlord-Tenant Law
- This booklet deals with the rights and responsibilities of landlords and tenants.
- MO AGO Landlord Tenant Law Revised 2009
- Crime Victims’ Rights
- This booklet provides information on general rights, compensation fund, court process, notification rights, and court terms.
- Protecting Victims of Domestic Violence
- Discusses how to: obtain an order of protection from Missouri courts, call for information on safe-shelters and support services, and to call a victim advocate.
- MO AGO Domestic Volence Revised 03-2009
- Know Your Rights
- This booklet contains tips and ideas on how you can recognize fraud, protect yourself, fight for a fair price and ward off con artists.
- AGO Know Your Rights Revised 03-2009
- Student Consumer Guide
- Provides information on everyday issues college students face such as credit, part-time jobs, car buying, apartment renting and Internet shopping.
- MO AGO Student Guide Revised 03-2009
The Missouri Attorney General’s Office provides many more informational booklets and brochures in electronic format dealing with a wide variety of subjects. This information can be accessed through the following link http://ago.mo.gov/publications/publications.htm.
The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services provide information on steps that families can take in preparing for emergency situations. The Sheriff’s Office has the below booklet available in our lobby or by PDF download.
- Planning for Emergencies: Three Steps to be Prepared A Family Safety Guide
The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services has a series of booklets and brochures dealing with their “Ready in 3” program that deals with emergency planning. This information can be accessed through the following link http://health.mo.gov/emergencies/readyin3/.