The Administrative Section is responsible for managing the “business” side of the Sheriff’s Office. In this role they provide support to all of the other operational components of the agency and to the community at large in that they have daily contact with the public in the office and by phone.
The administrative staff’s duties are varied and at times ever changing based upon requests from the public and new procedural mandates. Duties of the administrative staff include:
- The annual processing of over 2,500 legal process papers issued by the circuit and associate circuit judges of Adair County, as well as legal process from other jurisdictions scheduled for service in Adair County. These include Orders of Protection, Summonses, Subpoenas, Eviction Notices, and various Writs.
- Processing an average of eighty (80) business telephone calls a day, Monday-Friday, 8:00AM to 5:00PM.
- Maintaining all paper and electronic files related to the registration of all sex offenders residing within Adair County. This includes assisting the registrants when they report to the Sheriff’s Office to complete their mandatory periodic registration paperwork.
- Managing the Concealed Weapons Permit program. This involves completing all required documentation and background checks, as well as maintaining records for all permit holders in Adair County.
- Managing the accounts payable processes to include making monthly settlements with the County Treasurer for all monies received.
- Assisting in the care, maintenance and reporting requirements associated with the “Live Scan” electronic fingerprint system. This can also include the actual fingerprinting of persons for permitting and court purposes.
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of agency policies and procedures to include event and emergency management planning.
- Research and development of new programs.
- Maintaining complete files of all Incident/Offense Reports submitted by the various deputies, and distributing Reports to other agencies as requested.
- The coordination and administration of all payroll activities.
- Media relations.
- Budgeting and yearly budget development.
In addition, the administrative staff serves as secretary and administrative assistant to the agency Command Staff. They also are subject to call-in during times of emergency.
The Administrative Office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., excluding County observed holidays.